Monday, October 13, 2008

My favourite photo of Emma.


I love this photo. A cropped photo of Emma which may be  of her laying on the grass near her Chateau de Cabrieres or a studio shot. Her beauty is undeniable, her heart shaped face full of sorrow at this moment in time. One can't help but wonder what she could have been so unhappy about. Unless you were in Emma's skin one can only speculate on such matters. Her mascara runs down her cheeks as she peers into the lens of the camera. I'm wondering who she would have trusted enough to allow to take her picture at such a vulnerable time.( see photo on this blog on right hand side of blog page) On November 2, I discovered this picture( shown above) and  of Emma with no mascara running down her cheek. Although this is still my favourite photo of her, it has obviously  been cropped and toyed with to suggest things that may not have been so. It is a good lesson in understanding that not everything you see or read on the internet is fact. We must be very careful to dig deep when looking for truth and have several confirmations from various sources to back up our stories. So I have left the original and the tampered photographs for you to see. I'll be more careful next time.

No comments: