Saturday, November 15, 2008

Emma friends with Jean Richepin


Emma was known to be a good friend of Jean Richepin. Jean (1849-1926) was a french poet, novelist and dramatist. I have not been able to get much information to date about how close their friendship was but will keep digging. I have been able to find some great info on Jean though, through a fabulous website www.jeanrichepin.free.fr.  It is said that no woman could resist Mr. Richepin, who was of a bohemian nature. Eric Mie, a wonderful French artist in his own right, is a great fan of Richepin, and I believe the author of the Richepin website I have recommended. 
It doesn't surprise me that Emma would be friends of such a wonderful character as Richepin. They were both very outspoken individuals and deeply involved in the dramatic arts. It would have been a hoot to be able to sit in on one of their conversations.
 I would also like to thank Eric Mie for all his work in bringing together the life of Jean and wish him great success in his career.
My favourite Richepin quote: " One may live without bread, not without roses." Now what girl wouldn't swoon over that?!

No comments: